Free Tax Prep Services:
The DABC will prepare and e-file 2021 (and prior year)
Federal and State income tax returns for FREE, but are
limited to families making less than $57,000 and Single filers making less than $35,000.
Priority will be given to Colorado residents.
If you need W-2 transcripts go to https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. IRS transcripts do not show state withholding, so contact the Colorado Department of Revenue at (303) 238-7378 to request state W-2s so that we can also file your state taxes.
Accepted Tax Forms:
Please see below the forms we can prepare. Tax returns for years 2016 and older must be mailed in.
We require you to complete our Self-Employment Tax Organizer before receiving services. We CANNOT HELP individuals with business expenses over $25,000, Depreciation, Home Office, or a Net Loss.
Can’t visit a VITA Site?
You can still file your federal & state tax return online for free!
The MyFreeTaxes.com Partnership provides free state and federal filing for individuals with household income less than $66,000. It’s easy, safe, secure and free, running H&R Block software that is sponsored by United Way Worldwide. Millions of families have used MyFreeTaxes.com to claim over $10 billion in tax credits and refunds since 2009.
Form/Schedule types prepared at DABC Tax Prep Sites
The DABC Tax Preparation Sites will limit return preparation to the following forms and schedules for current and prior-year tax returns:
- Form 1040 Federal Long Form
- Form 1040X – Amended Returns (only in March or after April 15th)
- Schedule A – Itemized Deductions
- Schedule B – Interest and Dividends
- Schedule C-EZ – Business Expenses $25,000 or less
- Schedule D – Very Limited Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedule EIC – Earned Income Tax Credit
- Schedule R – Credit for the Elderly
- Schedule SE – Self Employment Tax
- Form 2441 – Child Care Credit
- Form 8332 – Release Claim to Exemption
- Form 8822 – IRS Change of Address
- Form 8812 – Child Tax Credit
- Form 8863 – Education Credits
- Form 8880 – Retirement Credit
- Form 8962 – Premium Tax Credit
- Form 8965 – Health Coverage Exemptions
- Form W-4 – Withholding Allowance
- Form 104 – State of Colorado Tax Return
- Form 104 PTC – State of Colorado Property Tax/Rent Rebate
- Form 104X – State of Colorado Amended Return (only in March or after April 15th)